Pillowcases constructed on a whim.


We got new sheets this weekend, and I opted not to use our duvet when I made the bed, as I have had some trouble sleeping in the heat — despite the ever-present air conditioning. This meant that I was short two pillowcases, so I made some.

They don’t match exactly, but they contrast in a weirdly pleasant way (and are blue, despite looking black in the photo). The pair took 2 1/2 yards of quilting cotton, and took less than 1 1/2 hours to make, including time spent pressing the fabric and cutting them out!

It felt nice to accomplish something with a concrete end product. And check out my ridiculous Scandinavian hipster style!

2 thoughts on “Pillowcases constructed on a whim.

  1. @Tanz Thank you! They’re made from a fancy pants Cotton + Steel print. I ordered it as part of a kit to get an out-of-print sewing pattern I wanted — didn’t really care about the fabric, but it was a good price, and I knew I’d figure out something to do with it. And I did, haha!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *