Things are finally getting back to normal, spending-wise at least. The apartment itself is still chaotic and terrible. We still have not finished putting together all of the bookshelves (though we did get the DVDs completely unpacked and put away), or the dining room table — and there is still a wall full of boxes to unpack. Having very low energy is an awful burden sometimes. Okay, most of the time.
This week I…
- Used $10 of rewards points at Walgreens.
- Got a free chai at Starbucks using a Star Reward.
- Finally used a $25 restaurant Groupon that I had gotten for only $3 using a magnificent coupon code, meaning our lunch on Saturday was only $7 plus tip. Sometimes I impress even myself, haha.
- Watched a DVD from the library, and read 6 library eBooks.
- Read a magazine for free* using Prime Reading. (*Well, I get my money’s worth out of my Prime membership. I use the shipping, of course, as well as the video and music streaming services — and now the reading program, too.)
- Got a free box of Belvita breakfast cookies from Kroger for my grandma. I can’t eat wheat, but she loves all kinds of cookies and will probably be delighted by a kind meant for breakfast!
I have also added a new source of income this month: I’ll be earning just a little bit of extra cash coaching a very fine young actress for an audition. I used to teach voice lessons, and long ago used to teach drama classes for kids, so this is a good fit for my (somewhat rusty) skills.